For more information call

01733 313 360

Former Peterborough District Hopsital, Thorpe Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 6JD

Sales and Marketing Suite Open 7 days a week - 10.00am - 5.00pm

Call us now on 01733 313 360

Weston Homes acquire land at former Peterborough District Hospital to develop into new high quality housing

Leading home counties developer, Weston Homes has acquired The Gables at part of the former Peterborough District Hospital in St Peters Chase, Peterborough to develop the site into 63 high quality houses and apartments with a GDV of circa £19 million.

Acquired from Land Improvement the new development, will comprise of one and two bedroom apartments and three, four and five bedroom houses and will include a mixture of new build and newly renovated homes, completed to Weston Homes high quality specification.

Bob Weston, CEO of Weston Homes commented: “We are delighted to have acquired The Gables at the former Peterborough Hospital on Thorpe Road. We plan to build an array of high quality homes, including apartments, which will be ideal for first time buyers and generous family homes for those looking to upsize. We anticipate that it will be welcome news to those from the local area looking for a new home.”

Kevin Moriarty, Managing Director of Land Improvement today said: “Land Improvement is pleased to have completed the sale of approximately seven acres of the former Peterborough District Hospital Site to Weston Homes. The land is a key part of our re-development plan and its sale brings our vision for this landmark site, including high quality homes and the retention of the historic Gables on Thorpe Road, closer to delivery.

Construction at The Gables is set to begin in early 2016, with a new sales and marketing suite set to open in Spring 2016.

Peterborough District Hospital was the acute general hospital serving Peterborough and North Cambridgeshire. The hospital was decommissioned in 2010 with services transferring to the new Peterborough City Hospital. Dating back to 1895, The Gables is a Grade II Listed building designed by John Alfred Gotch. Built to a Tudor / Jacobean design, the Gables was the original the home of a wealthy coal merchant named John Henry Beeby. Beeby died in 1924 and his widow continued to live in the house until 1933 when it was sold to George Ralph Baker, a Director in an engineering firm. The Gables then became a maternity hospital in 1947 until 1970, when it became a Psychiatric day centre.

For further information about The Gables and Weston Homes please contact Weston Homes on Tel: 01279 873 300 or visit: www.weston-homes.com.