For more information call
01992 558 855
The house is especially noted for its quality of design
With one foot in the past and the other firmly in the present, The Gables listed building is a remarkable building illustrative of the wealth of the rising class of late 19th Century industrialists. Built in 1895, The Gables was designed by John Alfred Gotch for the wealthy coal merchant J H Beeby, and the red brick building that is now Weston Homes' Gables apartments, was built to his Tudor/Jacobean designs.
The original approach leading to this wonderful Grade II listed building still exists as a tree-lined drive to the site. Previously a private home and a centre of care connected to the previous local hospital where much of the redevelopment is taking place, the house is especially noted for its quality of design and the well considered and extensive detail and craftsmanship, making it a perfect complement to Weston Homes' new houses and apartments.